In addition to feeling great afterwards, research shows that therapeutic massage stimulates a physical response that aids in healing and preventing illness. Massage therapy stimulates the nervous system, producing a number of medical benefits including:
- Increases endorphin secretion, helping to manage pain and reduce stress.
- Stimulates tissue activity and a healing response.
- Releases nerve entrapment.
- Reduces nerve root compression caused by muscle dysfunction.
- Calms the nervous system to help reduce, anxiety, depression, and restlessness.
- Promotes better sleep.